Woodleaton Cottage is an easy five-minute walk to Woodend's shops, cafes, parks and railway station.
Within half-an-hour's drive are about 20 more delightful townships, including Castlemaine and Mount Macedon, and the magnificent spa country of Daylesford/Hepburn Springs.
There's plenty to see and do in Woodend and the Macedon Ranges:
- High Street has many shops to browse including craft and clothing shops, and garden nurseries.
- Enjoy coffee and cake from Woodend's award-winning bakeries and cafes.
- Woodend farmers' market is held on the first Saturday of every month.
- Woodend Winter Arts Festival takes place over the Queen's Birthday weekend in June.
- The Budburst wine festival is in November.
- Antiques shops and old wares.
- Have a pamper day and get a massage, facial and manicure/pedicure.
- The golf course enjoys wonderful views of Mount Macedon. Woodend also has public tennis courts and an outdoor swimming pool (open seasonally).
- Two wonderful pubs serve a cold beer or a good glass of wine and several lovely restaurants serve great food.
- Explore further afield to Hanging Rock and Mount Macedon.
- Llama treks at Hanging Rock.
- Daylesford day spas, olde world Trentham, Springhill Nursery in Tylden, Lancefield wineries and Kyneton’s Piper Street.
- Food and wine festivals and the amazing open gardens of Mount Macedon.